Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Solar Powered Kayak Takes the Effort and Fun Out of Kayaking



I saw this post earlier today on Gizmodo and just shook my head. Personally, I love taking the kayak out and hitting the water, and part of the fun for me is the physical exercise involved with paddling my boat around. It's fun and it's a great workout.

Of course, not everyone feels that way, which is why we now have this solar powered kayak that uses three solar panels to power a near silent electric trolling motor, which puts out 36 pounds of thrust to motor your kayak around what ever body of water you decide to drop it in.

The entire unit costs $1100, not including a kayak. It attaches to your existing boat and turns into a catamaran it would seem. Not sure why you would spend that kind of cash on something like this when you could just have a small fishing boat and accomplish the same thing, but what ever floats your boat. Pun fully intended. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment