Monday, April 20, 2009

Images From The Amazon


I haven't written too much about my trip to the Amazon yet. I'm still working out the details on the book deal. ;) Just kidding! But expect stories on the trip to be appearing on Gadling in the very near future, and I'll post links here when they go online.

I did, however, want to share some of my photos, and my first video from the Amazon. You can checkout 100 or so images from the trip in my Amazon 2009 Gallery. Overall, I'm fairly happy with the way the photos turned out, although I battled a number of issues with my camera while on the trip. First, the humidity made it difficult to keep the lenses dry and clear at times, and on top of that, I had a failure of the autofocus engine on my telephoto lens, rendering it in manual focus mode only. That isn't necessarily a terrible thing, unless you're trying to capture shots of wildlife on the move. Still, all in all, the photos aren't half bad.

One thing I did learn on the trip is that I think I'm beginning to outgrow my DSLR. It is a consumer level model, and when I bought it a few years back, I was aware of the limitations of the model, but didn't think they would matter much to me. As I've learned more about photography however, those limitations have become a bit more evident, and I'm considering moving up to a more capable camera for future trips.

One piece of equipment that I did enjoy however was my handheld HD video camera. This was the first trip I took it on and it worked wonderfully, and captured some great footage. You can see an example of that below in my first video on YouTube. And if you want to watch it in HD, click here.

I hope you enjoy the photos and video. I'll post more in the near future, and stories on my Amazon adventure will be coming soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment