Wednesday, October 14, 2009

How To Pack A Backpack

Rick McCharles over at Best Hike has put together a great little tutorial video on how to pack a backpack, and with all of his experience trekking, he ought to know. Rick has some excellent tips that can be of benefit to just about anyone, no matter if you're traveling with a backpack for the first time or you're an old pro.

I'm also happy that I had a small contribution to Rick's packing process. Some time back, in a passing conversation, I mentioned that he could create a "frame" of sorts for his backpack of choice, the Granite Gear Virga, by using his Therm-A-Rest pad to give the pack some structure. The Virga is an ultralight pack that doesn't use a frame of any kind, which has its benefits in weight gains, but can have some drawbacks in other areas. I was happy to see that my suggestion was paying off.

Thanks for the tips Rick! Good stuff as always! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment