Monday, November 10, 2008

Survivorman To End The Series


It looks like Les Stroud, the host of the popular Discovery Channel television show Survivorman has had it with living alone in the wilderness, foraging for food and water, while capturing it all on film. Les tells reuters that he's filming his last on screen adventure for the series this month in Papua New Guinea, and after that he'll move on to other projects.

Stroud is wrapping up the third season of Survivorman and feels that the show has run it's course. I think the following quote from the article sums it up best:

"You can only do seven days surviving without food a certain number of times a year. I'm pleased with what I have done, I've been copied around the world, but 25 times I've not eaten anything for a week while sleeping on rocks. I need to move on."


I guess fans of the show had better enjoy this last season while we can, although it doesn't sound like Les will be completely gone from the television screen. He mentions that he's working on a possible new show in which he would follow in the footsteps of famous explorers, which sounds like a great premise to me as well. He also reminisces about his favorite and not so favorite moments on the show that made him famous, such as the time he nearly called in his support crew for help after suffering heat stroke in the Kalahari Desert.

Good luck Les! Thanks for three great seasons of Survivorman.

No comments:

Post a Comment