Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hiking In The 21st Century


Backpacker Magazine has posted a cool series of articles online about Hiking in the Digital Age which take a good look at all the technological tools that are at our disposal when planning and preparing for a hike these days.

Their stages for preparing and going on a hike included Planning, in which you can use the Internet, Google Maps, and a variety of other tools to plot your route. From there you, move on to Documenting it with photos and videos, Then later you can Organize your media and then Share it online. They even have a section on Big Trips Made Easy that's worth a glance as well.

Who knew that hiking could become so complicated. I always figured I found a trail, but on my boots, and went. Guess I need to put ore thought into my next venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment