Thursday, September 20, 2007

Kayaker Sets New World Record Drop


Remember that dude that I posted on awhile back who dropped nearly 100 feet over Upper Johnson Falls in Canada? Well, don't look now, but we've found someone even crazier.

According to the article, that appears in The Denver Post, Kayaker Tyler Bradt dropped 107 feet over Alexandra Falls, located along the Hay River in Canada's Northwest Territories, and in the process setting a new World's record. His paddling partner, Rush Sturges, followed soon after, and actually added more drama to the whole affair when the water imploded his spray skirt, and pushed him out of his boat, and into a cave behind the waterfall. It took for attempts for him to actually swim out from under it.

In case you're wondering, that 107 foot drop is the equivalent of 10 1/2 stories. The office I work in is on the 9th floor of my building, and looking out of the window tells me that I don't want anything to do with a drop of that size. I think Runout, over at The GoBlog said it best when he labeled this a "Big balls and shit for brains" story. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment