Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Canoe & Kayak Reviews Inflatable Boats


Canoe & Kayak Magazine has posted short thoughts and reviews on the top inflatable kayaks for 2007. They take a peek at new designs from the likes of Innova, Sevylor, and Advanced Elements, each of which have their strengths and weaknesses, but offer a lot to love.

Inflatable kayaks have come a very long way in recent years. Technology has made them a lot stronger and lighter. Of course, they'll never track as straight or as fast as a hardshell, but then again, I can't store a hardshell under my bed. I've personally had some experience with the Advanced Elements inflatable kayaks, and I can tell you they are a lot of fun. They are quick, nimble, and can hold up to some reasonably rough conditions. I wouldn't recommend running Class IV or V white water with them, but they are great for just about anything else.

In fact, I'm thinking of buying a newer model sometime in the next few months, and this article gives me a nice little comparison between the newer boats available. Obviously there are a lot more options in this category than in years past, and kayaks have some major improvements, most notably in on board storage and room. With the cooler weather finally hitting here in Texas, it might just be time to go shopping soon.

Thanks GoBlog!

No comments:

Post a Comment