Monday, October 30, 2006

Discovery Channel Takes Everest Beyond The Limit

The Discovery Channel has announced a new six part series entitled Everest: Beyond The Limit that will begin airing on November 14th (9PM EST) that will chronicle the climbing season from this past Spring, which happened to be the second deadliest ever. Over the course of the six episodes, they'll follow a two month long expedition from start to finish, with a team of experienced climbers. In typical Discovery Channel fasion, I expect this to be an outstanding production, as they've always done a good job with this kind of show. The only sad thing is that this show doesn't appear on the Discovery HD Channel schedule, which means we'll have to enjoy our Everest expedition in Standard Definition for now. Understandable I suppose. No one wants to lug around an expensive HD camera on the tallest mountain on the planet.

While I'm looking forward to seeing this show, I'll be adding it to my Tivo ASAP, I doubt their six episodes will be able to compare with the "Unabridged Expedition Experience" you'll find over at The Rest of Everest.

No comments:

Post a Comment