Monday, October 23, 2006

Fall Summit and Ski Descent on Everest!

MountEverest.net has posted this story about a group of 14 climbers who summited Everest last week, and a couple of crazy people who decided it might be a good idea to ski down Everest. Luckly, they were successful, and in the process, Kit DesLauriers became the first person to ski all Seven Summits and the first American to ski Everest. Although it sounds like it was a tricky ride to be sure. Especially with no snow on the Lhotse Face.

When you're done reading the article, head over to Outside Online for an exclusive photo gallery.

On a side note, I applaud the adventerous spirit of these skiers to be sure, but this is one event you wouldn't catch me trying. I'm a snowboarder, and not a very good one I might add, but this sounds insane to me. Still, I think it's cool that someone else has decided to give it a go, and has now successfully skied all the Seven Summits. Congrats Kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment