Thursday, October 12, 2006

Podcast Updates

A couple of my favorite podcasts released new updates this week and I thought I'd share. First up, Endurance Planet has released their latest episode which is an interview with Jerry Pi, a 28 year old ultra-runner and triathlete. He's recently completed the 100 mile Kettle Moraine race in Wisconsin and is preparing to compete in upcoming triathlons this Fall.

Next up, The Rest of Everest have put out Episode 22 in their ongoing video podcast that follows "an almost unabridged expedition" to summit of Everest. I'm still catching up on past episodes, so I haven't watched this one yet, but this is quickly becoming one of my favorite things to watch. The video podcast really does a great job of showing all the work, and time, and effort that goes into a big mountain climb. I highly recommend it to everyone. It's well worth your time.

Also of note, is the Kettle Moraine area I mentioned in the blurb about the latest Endurance Planet Podcast. If you've never been to that area of Wisconsin, I highly recommend it. It's an excellent place to go hiking, backpacking, camping, or any other outdoor activity. There are two distinct areas, the Kettle Moraine North and the not-so-surprisingly named Kettle Moraine South. The Fall colors should be spectacular about now, although I understand it's a bit cold there today. And if you'd like more information on the Kettle Moraine 100 you can find it at Kettle100.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment